This is my recommended reading list for ALL martial artists. What I mean by this is that the Karate books are not just for Karate people. Kung Fu men should read them as well and reap the benefits therein.
The books are in no particular order.
Let me know if you think I am missing something and I may add it!
- The Tao of Jeet Kune Do: Expanded Edition by Bruce Lee
- Inside the Way of Reason by Dr. Her Yue Wong
- Karate-Do Kyohan by Gichin Funakoshi
- Bruce Lee: Artist of Life edited by John Little
- Bruce Lee: Letters of the Dragon edited by John Little
- Bruce Lee: Jeet Kune Do edited by John Little
- Bruce Lee: The Tao of Gung Fu edited by John Little
- Bruce Lee: The Art of Expressing the Human Body compiled and edited by John Little
- The Beginner’s Guide to BJJ by Nicolas Gregoriades
- Dao De Jing translated by Roger Ames
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Self-Defense by Royce Gracie and Charles Gracie
- An Introduction to Applied Karate by Iain Abernethy
- Essence of Combat Science an interview with Wang Xiangzhai and translated by Andrzej Kalisz
- The Essence of T’ai Chi by Waysun Liao
- Ed Parker’s Encyclopedia of Kenpo by Ed Parker
- Art of Peace by Morihei Ueshiba
- Xingyiquan by Liang Shou-Yu and Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming